Tire pressure maintenance is an important component of vehicle safety & handling.
Getting your Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) checked by the certified experts and technicians at Tilly Mill Auto Center begins with a systems test on all of your tire-pressure sensors to help diagnose the problem. Our service also includes:
- Checking your vehicle’s tire pressure
- Checking the sensor located in the tire assembly to verify that its accurately transmitting data to your vehicle’s computer system
- Replacing any pressure sensors if required
- Using a specialized tool to reset the sensors
- Replacing the valve core, cap, nut, and o-ring (seal) before remounting the tires
Why is my vehicle’s Tire Pressure Monitoring System important?
The TPMS is an electronic system used to monitor the air pressure inside your tires. Maintaining optimal inflation for your tires is important for several reasons. Potential benefits include:
- Improve vehicle safety and handling
- Increase fuel economy
- Decrease treadwear
- Reduce braking distance
- Reduce CO2 emission
How do I know when to have my TPMS checked?
Most vehicles today are equipped with Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems. If your “low tire pressure” warning light comes on when the key is turned to the “on” position, it means your vehicle is equipped with the system.
If your warning light comes on and stays on, it means your tire pressure has dropped 25% or more below the manufacturer’s recommended level and you should bring your vehicle to the experts at Tilly Mill Auto Center to help ensure correct tire pressure and properly functioning tire sensors.
There is always a way to save on auto services at Tilly Mill Auto Center! Check out our Goodyear coupons and stop by for your routine auto service today! We are here to help keep your car or truck in excellent working condition.