Regular Inspection of Shocks and Struts Ensures Proper Vehicle Handling
At Tilly Mill Auto Center, we understand that reaching your destination safely and smoothly is extremely important, so we offer top-of-the-line service to get you back on the road safely and quickly.
Shocks and struts service performed by the ASE-certified experts at Tilly Mill Auto Center include:
- Inspection of shocks, struts, and springs.
- Replacement of any parts necessary.
- Ensure a smooth, stable ride for your vehicle.
Why are Shocks and Struts Services Important To My Vehicle?
Shocks and struts are two components of a vehicle’s suspension that, in addition to springs, help keep the vehicle balanced and riding smoothly with all four wheels on the road. Worn-out shocks and struts will make your ride unstable and compromise your vehicle’s safety.
How Often Should I Have My Shocks And Struts Serviced?
Fortunately, shocks and struts tend to wear out slowly and last long. Typically, having them checked every 50,000 miles is best. However, each vehicle’s recommended time for inspection will vary based on model, road, and driving conditions. Therefore, you should check your vehicle’s owner’s manual for the manufacturer’s recommendation of when to inspect them.
You should have them inspected if you notice the following:
- Excessive bouncing of your vehicle.
- Leaning or swaying of the vehicle when turning corners or changing lanes.
- The ride seems stiff, less than the standard bouncing.
- The front of the vehicle dips down, especially when stopping.
- Poor steering response or noise when steering.
- The vehicle feels very unstable at high speeds.
Related Auto Services You May Be Interested In:
There is always a way to save money at Tilly Mill Auto Center, conveniently located next to Home Depot on Tilly Mill Road. Grab your car care coupons and stop by today!